Great real estate deals are in our genes.
Our focused methodology – what we call our Patriot Deal DNA – is a means to identify and analyze real estate investment opportunities that work.
For Patriot Equities, the following criteria represent the right "genetic makeup" for a successful deal:
- Property types including office, industrial, lab/R&D, or land, and/or portfolios in a single location or with geographic diversity.
- Properties and/or portfolios with inherent infrastructure flexibility, including access to public transportation, a strong and diverse local employment base, and floor plans or layouts that appeal to a wide range of users.
- Properties where a creative and aggressive marketing campaign paired with improving market fundamentals can lease vacant space and improve value.
- Properties where we can add value by changing the product mix or underlying entitlements, for example industrial facilities that can be repositioned or repurposed as office, retail or mixed-use facilities.
- Properties where remediation of environmental challenges can result in enhanced property value.
- Properties where public funding or incentives are available because the local community has an acute interest in finding new uses, or new occupants, for a signature property.
Our office and industrial complex presented a number of environmental, zoning and title challenges. Patriot was resolute in working through all of these issues, had a clear vision of what the reuse would be, and did not engage in the usual developer technique of uncovering a list of latent problems during due diligence in order to renegotiate the deal.
James A. Sladack, Honeywell